Get Ready to Run the 408!
We’ve got all the information you need below to get the most out of your Race Week from Packet Pickup to getting to the start line and celebrating your journey with Run Local all the way to Santana Row! Thanks for joining us!
Schedule of Events
Race Day – Sunday, April 24
- 6:15am: Bib Pickup Opens (corner of Santa Clara St & Autumn St) – $10 convenience fee applies for day-of bib pickup, please read below for more information and arrive early to lessen your wait time.
- 7:56am: Wheelchair Start
- 8:00am: 8K & Half Marathon Start
- 8:30am: Santana Row Finish Line Festival opens – Grab your finisher’s medal and stick around to celebrate, enjoy specials from Santana Row businesses and more.
- 10:00am: 408kids Report to Starting Line (more info)
You’ll need a race bib to join us at the starting line. We have three options for you:
- FREE Bib Pickup – Packet Pickup locations during race weekend.
- Bib Mailing – If you purchased the mail my bib option during registration you’ll receive your bib during Race Week. Your finisher shirt will be available for pickup at the finish line on race day.
- Day of Bib Pickup – Pick up your bib Sunday morning for a $10 convenience fee. You may purchase this option during registration or provide payment on site beginning at 6:15am near the starting line on the corner of Santa Clara St & Autumn St. Please arrive early to lessen your wait time.
Can’t make it race day and need to transfer to the Remote Option? Transfers must be completed by Friday, April 22. Remote Runners do not need to attend bib pickup. All race items will be mailed to you after the event. Learn more on our Remote Runner page.
Please bring your ID or race confirmation email to pick-up your bib. If you need somebody else to pickup you bib, please give them a copy of your ID or race confirmation email.
Saturday's 408k-9 Parade @ Santana Row
Before we get to your Sunday race day, a quick PSA about our 408k-9 Parade. This is a can’t miss opportunity to put on your best costumes and join fellow pet lovers on a stroll down Santana Row.
Saturday registration will be available for this event. You can learn more on our 408k-9 Parade page.
Parking & Getting to the Start Line
You’ve got your bag packed and you’re ready to crush your race through downtown San Jose. Here’s how you can get to the start line on race morning:
PARKING: The owners of Lots A, B, C & D (pictured) around SAP Center will be charging $6 on race day. We encourage you beat the system and park on the streets. You can also ride your bike, but make sure to bring a lock because people act selfishly sometimes.
Access to Lots A, B, C & D from the South:
- Take Autumn St. Left on Santa Clara St. Right into Lot A. (Again this access will close at 7:30 so get there early)
- If coming after 7:30am from Park Ave / San Carlos St / Bird St, the D lot will be off Autumn St just before The Alameda or street parking.
- If coming from 87, exit at W. Santa Clara St. The exit will force you right (no left turn) on W. Santa Clara St. Take a quick right onto Almaden Blvd, then your first right onto San Fernando St. From here, you can go right on Autumn St. Park in Lot D.
- Take the Julian St. exit off of 87. Make a Left on Julian, a left on Montgomery and go into the Main SAP Lots.
Access to B, C, & D Lots From the North
- Take the Julian St. exit of 87. Make a right on Julian, a left on Montgomery and go into the Main SAP Lots.
Do whatever you want that is within the law. Please be nice to the SJPD closing roads, it’s for your own safety.
For detailed road closure information click here.
VTA OPTIONS: This bus rules, take it. Don’t know which route can get you to and from the Start & Finish Line? VTA makes it easy with their route searches and maps.
For more information, visit: www.vta.org/getting-around/maps/busrail-map
RUNNER DROP OFF: We have created a runner drop-off curb at the corner of St. John & Autumn St. You can get dropped off and your mom can beat you to Santana Row for the dramatic finish and maybe a little breakfast.
UPS SWEAT CHECK: We will once again have a UPS Sweat Check at the starting line to accept your sweats, gear, and unmentionables. Ensure you have time to check your goods, so show up early and look for the signs for UPS Sweat/Gear Check.
We’ll then drive it straight to the finish festival at Santana Row.
Getting Back to the Start Line
You’re probably wondering, “if it starts downtown and ends at Santana Row then how do I get home?” First off, nice work detective. You have three options:
Get Dropped Off: See runner drop off info above and then tell your friends & family to meet you at Santana Row!
PARKING AT SANTANA ROW: Please use the public parking garages and do not park on any residential streets.
Party at Santana Row & Take FREE Shuttle Back to the Start: Our Official Transportation Provider, Royal Coach Tours, will be ready to roll after the race. Your bib is your ticket back onto the bus.
Buses will start running at about 9:00am across the street from Santana Row near Winchester Mystery House and the theatres (on Olin St). Buses will run when they’re full, but don’t feel like you need to rush out, we’ll have them running until 12:00pm. Get brunch, hit up an after party (think Fjallraven or Rosie McCann’s), or shop around!
Cool down and run back!
8K & Half Marathon Starting Line
The race starts at 8:00am (7:56am for wheelchairs) at the corner of Santa Clara St & Autumn St next to the SAP Center in Downtown San Jose. Check out the Event Details page for more detailed maps.
Follow parking instructions; drop off your sweats, use one of the portos, and put yourself into the proper runner corral.
Start Line Corrals / Wave Starts: TBD
COURSE TIME LIMIT: While all levels of runners and walkers are welcome you will need to maintain a 17 min mile pace to make the cut-off.
For a detailed course map please visit the Event Details page (Half Marathon course coming soon!). Pro-tip – with the RunGo app you can download our course map to follow-along as you enjoy your stroll through downtown San Jose!
The 408Kids Race will be held at Santana Row after the completion of the 8k. We’ll start lining the kids up at 10:00am and get them off and running by 10:15am.
The little ones will scamper on an out and back, 1/2 mile course through the heart of Santana Row. The event is open to anyone 12 and under. Parents can run, pretend they’re paparazzi, or just bask in the glow of their children having fun doing something healthy. Learn more on our 408kids Event page.
Santana Row Finish Line Experience
FINISH: You’ve just had the time of your life and now its time to celebrate! You’ll enjoy the one-of-a-kind finish line at Santana Row, grab your hard earned medal and then stick around, enjoy specials from local businesses and more.
EVENT T-SHIRT: If you received your bib in the mail, your t-shirt will be waiting for you after you finish the race on Sunday.