Get Ready for the Big Day!
We’ve got all the information you need below to get the most out of your 408k Race Week from Packet Pickup to getting to the start line and celebrating your journey with our 408k Santana Row Pre-Tailgate, Tailgate! Thanks for joining us!
Schedule of Events
Thursday, January 30
- 4:00pm – 7:00pm: Packet Pick Up @ Sports Basement Campbell (Google Maps | Apple Maps); participants enjoy 20% off the entire store (Basementeers get 28% off!)
Friday, January 31
- 2:00pm – 7:00pm: Packet Pick Up @ Santana Row Park – across from Left Bank (Google Maps | Apple Maps); participants will receive a Lululemon shopper bag with pickup
Saturday, February 1
- 9:00am: Free Mobility IQ™ Class @ Santana Row Park (across from Left Bank) – Join lululemon ambassador Noell Clark and movement teacher James Kiernan for this free class on Saturday from 9-10am at Santana Row.
Mobility IQ™ uses the latest evidence-based research and movement science to help people find more freedom in their bodies and integrity in their movement. Through functional movements, joint articulation work, mobility and fascial release methods, we’ll get your whole body moving like a well oiled machine for the big race.
- 10:00am – 2:00pm: Packet Pick Up @ Santana Row Park – across from Left Bank (Google Maps | Apple Maps); participants will receive a Lululemon shopper bag with pickup
- 12:00pm: 408k-9 Parade (more info)
Race Day – Sunday, February 2
- 6:15am: Bib Pickup Opens (corner of Santa Clara St & Autumn St) – $10 convenience fee applies for day-of bib pickup, please read below for more information and arrive early to lessen your wait time.
- 7:56am: 408k Wheelchair Start
- 8:00am: 408k Start WAVE 1 – You’ll have a Teal “WAVE 1” in the top right hand corner of your bib
- 8:05am: 408k Start WAVE 2 – You’ll have a “WAVE 2” in the top right hand corner of your bib
- 8:10am: 408k Start WAVE 3 – You’ll have a “WAVE 3” in the top right hand corner of your bib
- 8:30am: Finish Line Pre-Tailgate Tailgate @ Santana Row opens – Grab your finisher’s medal and stick around for football inspired games as well as specials from Santana Row businesses, including our Official 408k Party hosted by Fjallraven. Plan your morning by visiting our Santana Row Experience page.
- 10:00am: 408kids Report to Starting Line (more info)
You’ll need a race bib to join us at the 408k starting line. We have three options for you:
- FREE Bib Pickup – at Sports Basement on Thursday or at Santana Row on Friday and Saturday.
- Bib Mailing – If you purchased the mail my bib option during registration you’ll receive your bib during Race Week. Your finisher shirt will be available for pickup at the finish line on race day. This option is no longer available for purchase.
- Day of Bib Pickup – New in 2020, is the option to pick up your bib Sunday morning for a $10 convenience fee. You may purchase this option during registration or provide payment on site beginning at 6:15am near the starting line on the corner of Santa Clara St & Autumn St. Please arrive early to lessen your wait time.
Can’t make it race day and need to transfer to the Remote Option? Transfers must be completed by Friday, January 31. Remote Runners do not need to attend bib pickup. All race items will be mailed to you after the event. Learn more on our Remote Runner page.
Please bring your ID or race confirmation email to pick-up your bib. If you need somebody else to pickup you bib, please give them a copy of your ID or race confirmation email.
Saturday's 408k-9 Parade @ Santana Row
Before we get to your Sunday race day, a quick PSA about our 408k-9 Parade. This is a can’t miss opportunity to join fellow pet lovers on a stroll down Santana Row. Wear your favorite costume or throw on that 49ers sweater you’ve been having your pet sport all season long.
Saturday registration will be available for this event. You can learn more on our 408k-9 Parade page.
Parking & Getting to the 408k Start Line
You’ve got your bag packed and you’re ready to crush 5 miles through downtown San Jose. Here’s how you can get to the start line on race morning:
PARKING: The owners of Lots A, B, C & D (pictured) around SAP Center will be charging $6 on race day. We encourage you beat the system and park on the streets. You can also ride your bike, but make sure to bring a lock because people act selfishly sometimes.
Access to Lots A, B, C & D from the South:
- Take Autumn St. Left on Santa Clara St. Right into Lot A. (Again this access will close at 7:30 so get there early)
- If coming after 7:30am from Park Ave / San Carlos St / Bird St, the D lot will be off Autumn St just before The Alameda or street parking.
- If coming from 87, exit at W. Santa Clara St. The exit will force you right (no left turn) on W. Santa Clara St. Take a quick right onto Almaden Blvd, then your first right onto San Fernando St. From here, you can go right on Autumn St. Park in Lot D.
- Take the Julian St. exit off of 87. Make a Left on Julian, a left on Montgomery and go into the Main SAP Lots.
Access to B, C, & D Lots From the North
- Take the Julian St. exit of 87. Make a right on Julian, a left on Montgomery and go into the Main SAP Lots.
Do whatever you want that is within the law. Please be nice to the SJPD closing roads, it’s for your own safety.
For detailed road closure information click here.
VTA OPTIONS: This bus rules, take it. Don’t know which route can get you to and from the Start & Finish Line? VTA makes it easy with their route searches and maps.
For more information, visit: www.vta.org/getting-around/maps/busrail-map
RUNNER DROP OFF: We have created a runner drop-off curb at the corner of St. John & Autumn St. You can get dropped off and your mom can beat you to Santana Row for the dramatic finish and maybe a little breakfast.
UPS SWEAT CHECK: We will once again have a UPS Sweat Check at the starting line to accept your sweats, gear, and unmentionables. Ensure you have time to check your goods, so show up early and look for the signs for UPS Sweat/Gear Check.
We’ll then drive it straight to the finish festival at Santana Row.
Getting Back to the Start Line
You’re probably wondering, “if it starts downtown and ends at Santana Row then how do I get home?” First off, nice work detective. You have three options:
Get Dropped Off: See runner drop off info above and then tell your friends & family to meet you at Santana Row!
PARKING AT SANTANA ROW: Please use the public parking garages and do not park on any residential streets.
Party at Santana Row & Take FREE Shuttle Back to the Start: Our Official Transportation Provider, Royal Coach Tours, will be ready to roll after the race. Your bib is your ticket back onto the bus.
Buses will start running at about 9:00am across the street from Santana Row near Winchester Mystery House and the theatres (on Olin St). Buses will run when they’re full, but don’t feel like you need to rush out, we’ll have them running until 12:00pm. Get brunch, hit up an after party (think Fjallraven or Rosie McCann’s), or shop around!
Cool down and run back!
408k Starting Line
The race starts at 8:00am (7:56am for wheelchairs) at the corner of Santa Clara St & Autumn St next to the SAP Center in Downtown San Jose. Check out the 408k Event Details page for a detailed RunGo course map.
Follow parking instructions; drop off your sweats, use one of the portos, and put yourself into the proper runner corral.
We’ll be kicking off your 2020 Race to the Row with a warm-up led by 49ers FIT (we hear the 49ers are pretty good this year), the national anthem, played by one of San Jose’s very own Mariachi bands and follow it up with a race lead out by the Blvd BombS Car Club. Welcome to the 4-0-8.
Start Line Corrals: With the size of the 408k, we will again be breaking the start into corrals based on the times given at registration.
- 8:00am WAVE 1: You’ll have a Teal “WAVE 1” in the top right hand corner of your Bib.
- 8:05am WAVE 2: You’ll have a “WAVE 2” in the top right hand corner.
- 8:10am WAVE 3: You’ll have a “WAVE 3” in the top left hand corner. Just kidding it will be in the top right hand corner like everyone else. Just making sure we still have your attention.
Enjoy the Corral that you have been assigned because you might meet your soul mate.
408k Course Info
COURSE TIME LIMIT: While all levels of runners and walkers are welcome at the 408k they will need to maintain a 17 min mile pace to make the cut-off. At 9:45am Stevens Creek Blvd will be re-opened. Runners & walkers will be asked to use the sidewalk, abide by traffic laws, and continue to the finish line which will be open until 10:00am.
For a detailed course map please visit the 408k Event Details page. Pro-tip – with the RunGo app you can download our course map to follow-along as you enjoy your stroll through downtown San Jose!
The 408Kids Race will be held at Santana Row after the completion of the 8k. We’ll start lining the kids up at 10:00am and get them off and running by 10:15am.
The little ones will scamper on an out and back, 1/2 mile course through the heart of Santana Row. The event is open to anyone 12 and under. Parents can run, pretend they’re paparazzi, or just bask in the glow of their children having fun doing something healthy. Learn more on our 408kids Event page.
408k Finish Line Experience @ Santana Row
FINISH: You’ve just had the time of your life and now its time to celebrate! You’ll enjoy the one-of-a-kind finish line at Santana Row, grab your hard earned medal and then stick around for our pre-tailgate, tailgate party with football inspired games as well as specials from local businesses, including our Official 408k Party hosted by Fjallraven. Plan your morning by visiting our Santana Row Finish Line Experience page.
EVENT T-SHIRT: Your 2020 San Jose 408k Cukui designed t-shirt will be available Thursday, Friday or Saturday at Bib pickup.
If you received your bib in the mail, your t-shirt will be waiting for you after you finish the race on Sunday.