Can’t make it out for race day, but still want to participate? Not a problem, sign up as a remote runner. For the same price, you will be mailed your respective swag the week after the race. All remote runners are eligible for the Run the Bay Challenge and Run Local Series Star!
How does Remote Running work?
1) Sign up as a Remote Runner during registration.
2) Complete your 8k or Half Marathon wherever your local is. Virtual leaderboard will be provided prior to race weekend.
For those wishing to upload their result to our 2022 leaderboard, please follow the below steps.
- Manual Upload: You can manually upload your run to the Results Leaderboard here. More Info – Race Roster How-To page.
- Sync GPS: You can also sync your GPS device with RunKeeper. You will need the link from your “Upload Result Instructions” email. For more detailed information visit the Race Roster How-To page.
- Submission Dates: You may upload or sync your result from Friday, April 22 @ 12:00am PT to Monday, April 25 @ 11:59pm PT.
3) You will be mailed the following the week after the race:
- ceremonial remote racing bib
- official race shirt
- finisher’s medal
You signed up to be there on race day but no longer can make it?
You can switch to a Remote Runner by emailing us at [email protected] The last day to do so is Friday, April 22.
Run Local Challenges Qualification
Run the Bay Challenge: Participate in 1 of 2 San Jose events, either the Shamrock Run 5K & 10K (March 12) or the San Jose 8K & Half Marathon (April 24) and Across the Bay 12K & 5K (August 28) as well as the East Bay 5/10K (October – tbd).
Run Local Series Star Challenge: Complete all five Run Local events, including the Santa Barbara Half Marathon & 5K (November 6)